Hamlin, originally named "Hamline," is a town in Lincoln County, West Virginia located along the Mud River. The population was recorded as 1,119 in the 2000 U.S. census. It is one of Lincoln County's two municipalities. It is the county seat of Lincoln County. It was incorporated in 1853 and named for Bishop Leonidas L. Hamline of the local Methodist Church.
Hamlin is home to the Lincoln County Courthouse, Lincoln County High School, Hamlin Lions Club Field, Hamlin Community Center, and various businesses and restaurants.
Hamlin holds a yearly 4th of July celebration, in addition to a yearly Christmas parade.
The local government in Hamlin consists of a town secretary, town recorder, town council, and police department. Hamlin also has a volunteer fire department.